We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lentils are a popular and common legume at the family table, but they are not usually a favorite of children. With this recipe for braised lentils Guiainfantil.com encourages us to prepare a very traditional and nutritious dish.
Using some spices and meat we will get the children to try this children's recipe that contains many nutrients, proteins and iron that they need for their growth, while enjoying some classic braised lentils.
- 500 gr. lentils
- 200 gr. pork
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- Sweet paprika (optional)
1. Soak the lentils the night before to soften them. Leave in plenty of water in a saucepan until preparing the recipe.
2. Drain the lentils and return to a pot with cold water, approximately three times the amount of water as lentils.
3. Wash and dice the meat, potatoes and carrots. Finely chop the onion and tomato. Add the minced garlic, onion, meat, tomato and carrot to a saucepan, with a drizzle of oil and bay leaves.
4. Sauté everything until done.
5. Put the lentils on high heat until they come to a boil, then lower and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, approximately, or when they are done.
6. Add the meat and vegetables to the lentils and mix well. Rectify the salt and add a little more water, if necessary. The lentils will be ready to be served.
You can read more articles similar to Stewed lentils with pork and vegetables. Traditional recipe, in the category of Legumes on site.