We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Forming a family is a responsibility and we must be aware of all that it entails. For motherhood to be something chosen and not required, we have at our disposal countless contraceptive methods with which we will mark the times and design our own family planning. 15 contraceptive methods to choose the one that best suits you.
Some contraceptives are more reliable than others, others are more natural than others and all respond to the need to plan when we are ready for motherhood, when we want to increase the family or when we decide to stop. We have made a list of the contraceptive methods more frequent.
1. Condom. It is without a doubt the contraceptive method more advisable because in addition to avoiding pregnancy, prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.
2. Pill. The contraceptive effectiveness of the pill is 99%. The detractors of this hormonal contraceptive method use their possible reasons for not taking it. side effects and the possibility that a shot is forgotten.
3. Mini-pill. Unlike the pill, the minipill does not contain estrogen, only gestagen, so it is recommended for the breastfeeding period, as it does not affect the quality of breast milk.
4. IUD. East intrauterine device it is one of the most effective contraceptive methods with the fewest side effects. It must be fitted by a gynecologist and cannot be used until a few months after delivery.
5. Diaphragm. It is a silicone cap that is inserted into the vagina and must be accompanied by spermicides. It should be kept on until 8 hours after sexual intercourse so that its effectiveness is assured.
6. Injectable. The effectiveness of contraceptive injections is high and lasts for three months. For being a hormonal contraceptive it is not suitable for all women so always consult a gynecologist.
7. Patches. The contraceptive patch is also hormonal, but its use is more comfortable than that of the pill. It is easily applied to the skin once a week for 3 weeks and one rests in which menstruation has to come.
8. Female condom. With high contraceptive efficacy, the female condom also prevents sexually transmitted diseases. However, its use is not yet widespread.
9. Contraceptive sponge. It is a kind of contraceptive sponge with spermicides It is inserted into the vagina at the level of the cervix. It has a high efficiency and is effective for 24 hours.
10. Cervical cap. Similar to the diaphragm, the cervical cap is a device that is placed on the cervix and that stands out for its comfort, since it can be placed 24 hours before of having relationships.
11. Fertile days. The so-called natural contraceptive methods are those that less efficiency they have and do not prevent sexually transmitted diseases. There are various methods such as the O-gyno method, cervical mucus or basal temperature, but all are based on the ovulation cycle.
12. Interrupted intercourse. It is also one of the so-called natural methods and is one of the most popular, but also one of the more ineffective when it comes to avoiding pregnancy and preventing diseases.
13. Tubal ligation. This contraceptive method is permanent so it is only recommended for women who have already had many children. It is a simple surgery in which the fallopian tubes are tied and has no side effects on health.
14. Vasectomy. It is the male version of tubal ligation and also its permanent. In this case, the tubes that carry sperm are ligated to prevent pregnancy.
15. Vaginal ring. This contraceptive method it's hormonal and consists of inserting a flexible ring into the vagina for 3 weeks. The contraceptive function is similar to that of the pill and its effectiveness is also very high.
Laura Velez. Editor of our site
You can read more articles similar to 15 contraceptive methods, in the category of Sexuality on site.